Email: [email protected]
Last Update: 5 May 2021
1. WHO WE ARE
Marketer is a business-to-business media company headquartered in the Tbilisi, Georgia. We provide a range of products and services that deliver premium content and professional services to the marketing, advertising and media industries, including publications and events, intelligence and education solutions, a job board, and marketing services. Marketer.ge is the owner of Spotlight, Forward brands and services.
We provide our audiences and customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions, and events that empower them to compete in today’s ever-changing environment. Our mission to connect brands and marketing professionals with the information and people they need to do their jobs better every day.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information that we may collect from and about you broadly falls into the following categories.
2.1 Information we collect directly. You may provide personal information to us through the Services – for example, when you sign up for, order, subscribe to, or make use of any of our Services, consult with our customer service team, or communicate with us in any way.
We may also collect personal information, such as your contact and professional details, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us.
In most cases your provision of personal information to us is entirely voluntary. However, if you fail to provide such information, we may not be able to provide certain Services or information to you.
The personal information you provide may include:
- Contact Information: When you subscribe to the Services, you will be asked to provide certain information, including contact information (such as name, address, email, or telephone number), and professional information (such as job title, department, or job role).
- Financial Information: If you are paying for any of the Services (for example, through one of our online check-out pages), we may require you to provide financial information in order to process a payment from you. You should never provide detailed credit card information directly to Marketer.ge via an unsecure form (such as email).
- Transaction Information: We will maintain a record of your purchases, transactional information, your Services history, and usage. We may also retain your communications with us and our responses.
- Partner Products & Services Offered on the Services: Third parties, such as our partners, sponsors, or advertisers whose services are promoted or advertised on the Services, may request that you provide personal information. Please see How We Share Information in Section 4 below for further details.
- Surveys: You may elect to provide information in connection with surveys in which you participate.
- Emails to Marketer: If you send us emails, you should be aware that any information provided in an email may not be secure or encrypted and therefore may be available to others. Please exercise caution if you decide to disclose any personal or confidential information to us in any email.
2.2 Information we collect automatically. When you use the Services, we (or our third party partners) may collect information about your device and usage of the Services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
We may use a variety of technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to collect some of this information. Our use of Tracking Technologies is discussed in more detail in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services in Section 5 below.
We may use Tracking Technologies to automatically collect the information described below:
- Device Information: We may collect certain information about the device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to IP addresses for your devices, unique device identifiers, browser types, and browser language.
- User History: We may log certain usage information about your use of the Services, which may include a history of the pages you view. If you download and use any Adweek software or application on your device, the log files will automatically be collected by the application and sent to our servers when your device syncs up for the latest content available.
- Mobile/Location Information: We may collect additional information from you if you access the Services through a mobile device, for example we may collect your unique device identifier, your device’s operating system, mobile carrier, or your location when you opt in for us to do so. However the degree to which your location can be identified depends on the device you are using (e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet) and how you are connected to the internet (e.g. via cable broadband connection, Wi-Fi, etc.). If you enable location services for the Services we may collect your regional location data periodically as you use or leave open the Services. We may also collect your location information from your IP address or zip code.
We may also use location data internally or in conjunction with our third party service providers to customize your experience and provide offers that may be relevant to you. Depending on the device you use to access the Services (e.g. Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows, Bada, etc.) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from the settings on your wireless device.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information that we collect through the Services to:
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts.
- Provide support and improve the Services and to manage system administration and security.
- Respond to your comments, inquiries, and requests and provide customer service.
- Link or combine information that we collect directly with information from third-party sources or multiple devices to help understand your needs, provide you with personalized content, and provide you with better service.
- Personalize and improve your experience and deliver content or features that match your profile and interests, including to show you targeted advertising as described in Tracking Technologies and Advertising and Analytics Services in Section 5 below or to deliver personalized content. Please also review Section 6 below for further information about Your Choices/How to Opt Out.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications (in accordance with your marketing preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Send you e-mail newsletters and alerts (in accordance with your newsletter and other preferences). Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Perform statistical and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- Send you push notifications via our apps or text (SMS) alerts. Please see Your Choices/How to Opt Out in Section 6 below.
- Conduct surveys.
- Process and deliver sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Award and honors submissions
- Comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Evaluate candidate submissions for job postings.
- If you log in with or connect a social media service account with an Adweek Service, we may use this data to facilitate your sharing of information between the Adweek Service(s) and your social media service. This includes using Facebook or another service to comment on Adweek.com or an affiliated site.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Third Parties Providing Functionality: We also work with third parties to provide certain functionalities on the Services and to improve the effectiveness of the Services and its content. Separate and distinct from information Marketer shares with third parties, third party companies may also use Tracking Technologies to independently collect and store information about you and your usage of the Services and may combine this information with information they collect from other sources. Please note, we do not control Tracking Technologies used by third parties, and their use of such Tracking Technologies may be governed by their own privacy policies.
- Third Party Event Sponsors: When you register for an Marketer event (including any webinars awards events), we may share the information you provide, such as your name, company name, postal address and email address, with third parties who are sponsoring the event. You may opt-out of having such information shared for this purpose, as described in greater detail in Your Choices/How to Opt Out)
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
To help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical, organizational, physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to protect the information we collect. Specific measures we use include installing anti-intrusion hardware and firewalls, virus scans, monitoring Operating System and software logs and applying software patches. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
To help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials, we recommend you take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.